Please contact Pierson Bell @ 716-361-7577 with any questions about the application process.
Applications must be mailed to the following address (please copy EXACTLY as it reads):NEH Landmarks of American History and Culture Workshop Attn: Linda Warren Niagara County Community College 3111 Saunders Settlement Road Sanborn, NY 14132
All applications must be postmarked by March 4, 2013!
Applicants will be notified of their selection beginning April 1, 2013. Applicants who are chosen must accept or decline an offer of admission by April 5, 2013
- Four items are required for your application:
- a completed application cover sheet (please fill out online – this copy goes to the NEH – and print out a hard copy to include with your application)
- your resume or short biography
- a personal statement (see below)
- a letter of recommendation from a supervisor
- The most important part of the completed application is an essay of up to one double-spaced page. This essay should include information about your professional background and interest in the subject of the workshop; your special perspectives, skills, or experiences that would contribute to the workshop; and how the experience would enhance your teaching or school service.
Successful applicants will be notified of their selection on April 1, 2011, and they will have until April 5, 2011 to accept or decline the offer.
Once you have accepted an offer to attend any NEH Summer Program (NEH Landmarks Workshops, NEH Summer Seminars, or NEH Summer Institutes), you may not accept an additional offer or withdraw in order to accept a different offer.